Monday, July 2, 2012

My Fan Art: Guardian Kal

"Guardian Kal"
14 x 20"
acrylic on 140 lbs. watercolor paper

Here's something different for me- fan art with a cyber mate in hero mode, our own Cal from the Cave of Cool!  I've felt for awhile that Cal would be an interesting subject, and a month ago I got the idea from a pic on his far-out blog with the bearded one peeking through the band on his headphones. It looked as though he were wearing some kind of visor, somehow sparking the thought of our shared enthsiasm for the modern Guardians of the Galaxy. His beard, the whole Cave of Cool mystique, and the many renderings done of him by artists & fellow bloggers who read his frequent postings just lent itself well to my imagination. I spelled his name with a "k" like Kal-El/Superman, as he is sometimes adressed. I imagine Kal recruited by Peter Quill/Starlord to join the reunited team, using his cool wits and raygun (The Fridge) to help battle the dread Dormammu to the death at the North Pole! ...or Manitoba? Or where our new recruit was weaned by wolves in Northern Quebec? So much to work with here, People...
More Later- Make It Fun!

5 comments:

  1. I recognize Cal haha GREAT job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Cal will just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....That is amazing. I am speechless...I am without speech. It's me. It's like you look it with some space camera that captures all the right colors. Look at that magnificent bastard. I would follow him to the gates of hell myself. Thank you for the gift my fiend. I am overwhelmed. The Universe delivered this to me on a day when I felt a shudder in the force. It gives me the strength to continue knowing I could inspire such a gem of an illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha :D Thanks for the knd words, Cal- I had a lot of fun working on it!

    ReplyDelete