Saturday, February 2, 2019

Batman Returns Vinyl (Applause, 1992)


I had been wanting a larger scale Tim Burton/Michael Keaton Batman for awhile, but didn't want to shell out too much. I remember and still happen upon some of the older Hamilton vinyls of Batman and Robin in their Bronze-Age outfits, so I went that route hunting down this 10.5" Batman Returns vinyl. You can get one pretty cheap on eBay if you're patient. While articulation is limited to swivels in the shoulders and waist, the sculpted details are surprisingly accurate, and his leathery, scalloped cape is pretty nice. He's a beautiful figure! Check out the video:


My framed Batman Returns poster has been featured on this blog- it's nice to have another piece of official merchandise from that era. The Tim Burton Batman movies are still my favorite, Batman Returns on the top of my list. It was a special time for me, during what was a renaissance in Batman's popularity and influence on popular culture, and like a lot of other teenagers, I was consumed by the ensuing licensing onslaught like no other of that time. Legendary!



More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment