Monday, October 28, 2019

Mego 14" Wonder Woman



I've said before that I'm mad for these recent 14" Mego figures, and although Wonder Woman toes the line of being what basically amounts to a doll, I felt she would bring some diversity to my otherwise white, male collection. Yes, yes, it's an action figure, not a doll. Fine. She has hair and real clothes, so that seems to qualify her in my mind... it's just that I don't care. Regardless, I had stopped to check her out a couple times before I finally picked her up. Her simplicity grew on me after I had a few of these and could see she was pretty consistent in her styling with the others. That Mego style from the '70s has been maintained, yet updated in some ways- people who complain should look elsewhere for entertainment, these are not for them. The head sculpts on these are fantastic! I was delighted at how well she stands in those heeled boots as well, and while you won't be doing handstands with her, she will hold some simple poses. A more modern version of Wonder Woman is also available in this 14" line, but the classic version fit my collection better. I'd love to see a retro Black Lightning or Vixen in this line as opposed to repeated characters in modern costumes! There's no way Mego could lose! 
Check out the video:



Below, Wonder Woman with Aquaman, Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern!
Also see my recent post on the Mego 14" SDCC Dark Knight Detective!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment