Monday, May 25, 2020

Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Optimus Prime & Cliffjumper


I'm glad I didn't pick up the recent Siege Optimus Prime after it dropped, a figure that made me stop & look more than twice. But when I saw this Earthrise Prime with the trailer show up, I knew it was my chance to own a truly complete G1 representation without spending a fortune. I also picked up the new Earthrise Cliffjumper for a discounted price while I was at it. Check out the video: 


I've said before the 2015 was really my Transformers year, it's hard not to like what Hasbro/Takara Tomy have been putting out lately. The figures are great, if a little on the small side. "Leader Class" Optimus is a hair under 7", while "Deluxe Class" Cliffjumper measures in around 4". Still, their articulation is serviceable, and the vehicle modes on these two look great.


The Combiner Wars Megatron I recently reviewed makes a cameo in the video above. Both he and Earthrise Optimus are "Leader Class", so it seems Hasbro is doing some general downsizing in the last five years. For the record, I may or may not have paid more for a larger Optimus.



Despite his somewhat underwhelming size, Earthrise Optimus is a great figure! I love the Matrix of Leadership stashed in his window panels, and the truck mode and trailer hit all the right G1 notes. While the trailer won't stow most cars in this series, Cliffjumper can drive right in!

More Later, Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment