Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Marvel Legends 12in. Spider-Man


I'd been eyeing this Marvel Legends 12in. Spider-Man for at least seven months at a little booth I frequent at a local antique mall. At forty bucks, he was priced at about 20% less than he retailed for upon release in 2016. I finally took him home because I love his classic Spidey styling, and I loved this brief series from Hasbro so much. While I collect a lot of six and seven inch action figures, I'm a big fan of larger scale figures- so much more room for paint and sculpt detail. While Spider-Man is one of the more simple figures in this line, his webbed outfit is cleanly applied and looks good. Hasbro, if you are listening: we'd buy more of these- release them as a fan channel exclusive if you want to limit production. Check out the video:



There have been complaints regarding this figure's articulation, and while they are legitimate, Spidey does most of what I want. Figures displayed in my collection art generally neutral for one, but aside from poor lateral range in the hips, this figure has some otherwise useful articulation, including deep elbow and knee range, butterfly joints at the shoulders, ankle pivots, and toe articulation. If not generous, the included accessories are appropriate: the essential three sets of hands most useful to the character, as well as a Peter Parker head and half-masked smiling portrait. While I bought him for his classic Spidey aesthetic, he does plenty enough to make me happy. Mileage may vary depending on your needs/expectations.



Below, Spidey with the rest of my 12" Marvel Legends figures: Black Panther, Daredevil, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and Wolverine. I was a little disappointed Hasbro didn't make a few more of these- a female, perhaps Captain Marvel or Black Widow, or a villain like Doom or Thanos. Both ToyBiz and Hasbro produced 12 inch Marvel Legends Icons figures between 2006 and 2009, double in number to what Hasbro produced in this recent 2016-2018 series. Still, I absolutely love all of mine- Marvelous figures! The extra hands, heads, and other accessories made these oversized Marvel Legends figures some of the best figures I've seen. 

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment