Saturday, July 11, 2020

Marvel Legends Spider-Man 2099 (All-New, All-Different)


This second version of the Spider-Man 2099 suit appeared at the end of 2015, part of Marvel's All-New, All-Different , coinciding with the 3rd volume of Spider-Man 2099, featuring Miguel O'Hara, Spider-Man of the future. I read the Spider-Man 2099 Vol.1 TPB ('92-'93), and was delighted when Miguel returned in issue #17 of Superior Spider-Man in December of 2013, but that's about as far as I got. Regardless, I found this figure quite some time ago at a Walgreens way out in the county- though I'm a big fan of Miguel's original costume, this figure caught my eye.




While addition hands and an unmasked Miguel O'Hara head would have been a welcome inclusion to this figure, it is pretty fantastic in sculpt and paint detail. And his articulation is fantastic, the highlight being Spider-Man's deep butterfly joints at the shoulders. I've heard this was the buck used on Sunfire, but I've not yet unboxed mine to compare. I'll always regret not picking up the original Spider-Man 2099, but I am loving this version.




Below, Spider-Man 2099 with the Marvel Legends Big Time Spidey 
from my last post, and Iron Man 2020 from another recent post...



Below, Spider-Man 2099 with Spider-Gwen, and the running change 
in this Marvel Legends Sandman wave, Spider-UK...



Below, Spider-Man 2099 with my Marvel Legends Infinity War Iron Spider...



And finally, Spider-Man 2099 with my Gamerverse Velocity Suit Spider-Man 
and Spider Armor Mark III form the recent Marvel Legends Demogoblin Wave...

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment