Friday, November 27, 2020

Toybiz 10in. Wolverine Figures (X-Men 1996, Marvel Universe 1997)


 I've had this 10" Toybiz X-Men Series Wolverine in my collection for many years now, only recently picking up the Marvel Universe Series "reverse" variant for a great price on eBay. I'm drawn to these big, dumb action figures of the '90s for their simple sculpts, bright colors, and exaggerated proportions. They are absurd figures, but scream fun!



Like may of the 10" Toybiz figures of this era, Wolverine came with a standard issue sidearm, apropos of nothing to do with this character. Tiger Stripe Wolverine doesn't hold his particularly well, the clip portion of his Uzi-like gun seemingly missing. I will be displaying Reverse Wolverine with his weapon!


The sculpt on these Wolverines is identical, but I love 
having the reverse color variant- what a pair they make!





Below, Tiger Stripe Wolverine with my 10" ToyBiz Beast, Gambit, Bishop, and Forge...


Below. Reverse Wolverine with my 10" ToyBiz Ninja Wolverine...



More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Big toy, little toy 🙏 I actually like these better than the Titan series oversized figures of today.

    ReplyDelete