Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Lanard Alien Warrior & Drone Xenomorphs & Hunter Predator


 I was thrilled to see images of Lanard Toys 7" Xenomorphs on Instagram recently, and pleasantly surprised to find Predator figures as well on the county-wide hunt that followed soon after. I liked the smaller 5" Xenomorphs Lanard sold with the 4" Colonial Marines last year, and held onto mine. These 7" Lanard figures have pretty basic paint and articulation, but are perfectly serviceable. 



This Hunter Predator was one of three available, and has a great ball jointed waist with good range, and a little ankle pivot as well. The box insert doubles as a pretty good diorama base for the figure, whose only accessory is an interchangeable shoulder cannon. He's simple, but the packaging is exciting, and a decent value for south of ten bucks. People are already customizing the paint deco on these figures, because the sculpt detail is there.




This would be an affordable stand-in character for your 6" Marvel Legends, G.I. Joe, or 7" DC figures. Below, my Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Punisher gets the drop on Hunter Predator...


Like the Predator figure, the Lanard Xenomorph figures have a box insert that doubles as a display diorama, if a little less dynamic. I LOVE the box art on the Xenomorphs though- very splashy and colorful. I almost hated to open them. I love the art!



The Xenomorphs had more exciting accessories, the facehugger pod/egg included with the white Drone just like what came with one of my smaller 5" Xenomorph. It's great to have two of those, but I really like the lab canister that came with the blue Warrior Xenomorph.




The 7" Xenomorphs have more toned down colors compared with the 4" Xenomorphs, but I did like the wild colors those smaller figures were folded in. The construction/articulation on both is pretty much identical, save the delightful jaw hinge on the larger figures. Fun!



Like the Lanard Predator, these 7" Xenomorphs make great stand-in characters to compliment a variety of action figures that may be in your collection, like the Iron Man 3 Iron Monger in my Marvel Legends collection, or Beastman, Skeletor, and Panthor from my MOTU Origins collection...


Below, my 7" Predator and Xenomorphs with 10" Playmates Skull Island Kong, another figure I bought last year that isn't necessarily a collector grade figure, but fun nonetheless, that can compliment your other toys. Recommended! 

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Saw these in the store too and I picked up that Predator for the grandsons. They'll love it and I can't wait to see it outside the box. It was only $10. I went back for the Xenomorphs figures but they were gone. Good post and look at the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx 4 reading Bulldog, the grandsons will love it!

    ReplyDelete