Friday, January 15, 2021

Masters of the WWE Universe Jake the Snake Roberts


I started paying more attention to these Masters of the WWE Universe figures after discovering Mattel's MOTU Origins line, which share the same modular/interchangeable parts, allowing customization of your figures between lines. It was brilliant for Mattel to engineer these figures this way! I'm almost completely out of the loop regarding the characters of the WWE, but some of these fit so seamlessly into the Origins line, it's like having another MOTU figure. Like the origins figures, the WWE figures get a minicomic foldout cross-sell sheet showing other figures in the wave- really want the Mr. T!



Jake's removeable faceplate reveals his serpentine facial features, the MOTU callback being the Snake Face character from the '80s. He comes with a rubber snake, and his armor can be removed to expose a scaled chest- he'll be displayed in my collection like this!



Below, Skeletor with Panthor and Beastman welcoming The Snake into their Lair of Evil, 
the Funko Primal Age Batcave! While I can hardly wait for the MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull, the Funko Batcave has it's own charms, and fits my MOTU Origins figures perfectly. Seriously, if you don't have this playset, go buy it now- I predict they will increase in value because of the recent MOTU merchandise push.




Below, Jake the Snake with my Masters of the WWE Ultimate Warrior
another character from the line that fits seamlessly with my MOTU Origins figures...


More Later- Make It FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Jake is definitely one of the best in the line. He meshes so well with the Snake Men faction! This line really continued to improve and I do hope Mattel continued it. it's always sold out so that's got to be a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... not good when I can't find a Mr. T, fool ...! :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they're tough to come by and everyone wants Mr. T. I'm still keeping an eye out for you! Did you see the next series announced yesterday? Stephanie McMahon, Kane, a new Ultimate Warrior, and Goldberg.

      Delete
    3. i DID!! Defineitely need Kane, probably Goldberg

      Delete