Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hey, Mr. Postman!

I am really behind on "Hey, Mr. Postman" because, well... toys (laughs) keep arriving in the mail! This will be coming to a halt due to three issues- #1. I am running over budget currently, and need to catch up, #2. I have more than enough to write about for quite awhile, and #3. I have had to reorganize to make room (which was probably needed anyway)! But now let me describe for you a pleasant visit from the mailman I recently experienced... it was a big one from Langes Sports, I get killer combined shipping from them...

*A couple more D.C. Direct New Frontier figures- Series 2 The Flash and Martian Manhunter. That's seven from this series- I obviously dig the retro vibe in my toys, and these guys have that... I just want Dr. Fate and I'll quit, honest...


*D.C. Direct First Appearance Series 4 Martian Manhunter and Blue Beetle, another "throwback series" I've really been getting into. I now have three Martian Manhunter figures, and I'm unsure why, other than he's one of the few guys in the D.C. Universe that can stand toe to toe with Superman- he's a badass. I knew nothing of Blue Beetle until that killer Batman, The Brave and The Bold show came out... that's enough reason to get him...


*D.C. Direct All Star Comics series Batman- I also like THIS very retro-looking series from D.C. Direct... see a pattern here?


*D.C. Direct ReActivated Series 1 Batman- they skipped the sloppy gold paint accents to his utility belt shown on the back of the card with my figure, Thank You :)

*Last but definitely NOT least, D.C. Direct SuperFriends Series 3 Superman! I love this- My brother and I used to watch SuperFriends every Saturday morning at 7am... he has a second pair of hands, cool...

Well that's all for now, Kids... oh, other than I finally saw Avatar  on Blu-Ray tonight which was REALLY FUN! Sleep tight!


5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see your pictures "Retro-man" :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ordered that New Frontiers book, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That All-Star Bat-Man is just too sweet! I must have one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a budget and are sticking to it. I know it's hard and sometimes you feel like you need Bruce Wayne's bank account to get all that you want, but it can make you appreciate your toys so much more. I know what you mean by having to re-organize too. Sometimes I feel like I need a warehouse rather than a cave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well John, the budget is (laughs) somewhat flexible... but I try!

    ReplyDelete