Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hasbro JLA Figures


Now let's take a closer look at these Hasbro JLA figures JBoy sent me in his generous and much apprectiated care package yesterday. These figures originated from the Total Justice figure line made by Kenner, cut short after the third wave but revived by Hasbro with repaints/repackaging as The JLA line at the end of the 90's. These are all "five point gang" toys with pretty limited articulation by today's standards, but a lot of character. They are made for play and FUN, like toys should be!

*Martian Manhunter


*The Flash

*Superman Red & Superman Blue

*Zauriel

*Steel

Again, Thanks JBoy- I had a lot of fun taking pictures of these toys- their highly stylized anatomy combined with their bright colors make for a FUN subject! I have to say: of all of these, Flash is my favorite! Yes, I'm really into Martian Manhunter, but I like Flash's gold boots- call me disco  :D

3 comments:

  1. Love The Flash's glam rock disco boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-D is short for Super-Disco! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he has quite a disco pose too... Staying alive! Staying alive!

    ReplyDelete