Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hey, Mr. Postman!


Some FUN toys came in the mail this past week I want to share with you  :D

Kenner & Hasbro Mission Masters Glider Strike & Knight Assault Batman Toys
When I saw this Hasbro Knight Assault figure (right) on ToyHaven recently, I immediately began a search for one.  In doing so, I stumbled upon the figure to the left, which is an earlier Kenner version. It seemed odd to me that the more typical black/grey Batman on the right was released two years later, traditional logic dictating that the odd, copper version to the left would be a repaint of the other. The sculpts look identical in the package... one Kenner, one a Hasbro. Tonka Toys (which owned Kenner) was purchased by Hasbro in 1991, but  Kenner wasn't dissolved until 2000, when it's product lines were merged into Hasbro's. Interesting.  I kinda want to open these & fly them over my computer desk with fishing line  :D  Just enjoying them in their packaging for a spell...


Mattel Justice Leauge Unlimited Metamorpho
I also saw this up close at ToyHaven- I have a few of these JLUs, and I really wanted this odd-looking little fellow. Metamorpho seems like a sad character to me- unable to assume a fully human, normal appearance, Rex Mason thinks of his metamorphic powers as a disease. There is something in that particular fictional archetype that touches me... I don't know why. This one is special to me, and somewhat hard to come by for a reasonable price- he was south of ten bucks, shipping included.


More Later- Have a Great Weekend!

1 comment: