Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Batman Legacy Action Figures




With some difficulty, I managed to snag some Wave 2 Batman Legacy figures last night at a distant K-Mart! BubbaShelby alerted me to their early release there, including the much sought after K-Mart Exclusive Batman w/Batmite. After Bubba's alert, I traveled to the said K-Mart at the end of last week hoping to beat the crowd, only to find empty pegs with the Batman Legacy tags and a vague excuse about a broken down truck with late merchandise from the toy department manager.

Fast forward to Monday night: I call ahead before leaving work to check availability with a positive confirmation, so I head all the way out to the edge of the county to stake my claim only to find still empty pegs with the Batman Legacy tags! When I asked for help, no one on the premises seemed to be aware of my call only hours earlier. A helpful associate determined to get to the bottom of things scanned the SKU tag, discovering they were in fact somewhere in the store! After a quick search in the stock room, a box was discovered containing only two sets- Victory! Catman, Batgirl, Batman, & Batmite joined me on the long, late night ride home  :)  On the way home, thinking of the outlandish characters I picked up and their colorful costumes, I decided that Mr. Freeze from the first wave would look right with these, so I grabbed him at my local Wal-Mart as well...


















Special thanks to pal BubbaShelby for always bringing this stuff to my attention- you always know when I'll like something and make sure I know where to look  :)   Stayed tuned- I will be taking a closer look at these next!

5 comments:

  1. Holy action figures! Are those ever sweet. Boy, everyone is picking some cool Batman toys lately. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the snag! Still hope to find me a Bat-Mite as well, need to start hitting the K-Marts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul, dude! Glad you got that Catman--and that Bitemite is a good one too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these over the weekend and almost bought Cat-Man but am still undecided if i will or not as am wanting to focus more on DC Direct/Marvel Select stuff but i still just might.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spotted Cat-Man tonight at Wal-Mart so these are finally getting around to more stores in my area.

    ReplyDelete