Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hey, Mr. Postman!

 
Hot damn! My 2008 SDCC Invaders MiniMates 4-pack came in the mail  :)  I have recently aquired some great MiniMate 4-packs, but this one is special. The packaging looks so great, retro in it's muted colors and vintage Invaders lettering. Cool! Inside are Golden-Age renditions of Sub-Mariner, Captain America, Bucky, and Human Torch. The box looks so nice that I almost don't want to open it!

 
Originally part of the All-Winners Squad (1946), the Invaders brought Captain America, his sidekick Bucky, the original android Human Torch ("Jim Hammond"), the Torch's sidekick Toro and Namor the Sub-Mariner as heroes fighting the Nazis in WWII- a flashback to their Timely Comics roots. British Prime Minister Winston Churchill branded them the Invaders. I haven't read any of this title, but I dig 70's comics, appreciate the classics, and have seen Golden-Age reprints of these individual heroes.
 



















 
 
More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Just awesome and can't wait to see these out of there package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite sets to date, way to go!

    ReplyDelete