Sunday, July 17, 2011

Marvel Universe Dark Hawkeye & Iron Patriot






















I'm doubling up on these as they are from the same Marvel story arc: Norman Osborn's formation of H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Dark Avengers, their Secret Invasion and Dark Reign story arcs, both of which I was unfamiliar with.


Both figures came with "Top Secret" H.A.M.M.E.R. files- supposedly you could enter a code at furyfiles.com when these were released,  but the web address just takes you to Hasbro's site now.
















If anyone knows what happened when you put the code in, please comment below- as usual, I was late for the dance. The woe of my life is my exceptionally poor timing & late-blooming tendencies.



This Dark Hawkeye is an excellent figure- I wasn't so interested in Dark Hawkeye as I was just having a cool Hawkeye figure, and frankly hadn't even noticed the name on the package or anything about H.A.M.M.E.R. until I more closely inspected it. A small clear rubberband held the arrow in his hand, and I just left it as opposed to crawling around on the carpet looking for the damned thing later.


There is some really great detail in the sculpt of this figure that render it one of the better Marvel Universe figures I've seen. AMAZING! Now because you know how much I love to play BIG TOY/little toy, here's MU Hawkeye with my Famous Covers Hawkeye by ToyBiz  :D


I absolutely fell in love with this Iron Patriot's color scheme, done in metallic paint, and the star shaped Uni Beam projector in his chest! Wonderful! All the incised detailing in his armor is beautiful to look at. I somehow managed to chip some of the paint on his neck (see pic)... I believe that was a manufacturing defect though, as I'm really careful with these 3 3/4" figures.





Iron Patriot is actually Norman Osborn, AKA supervillain Green Goblin. Osborn used this identity to wreak havoc during the Dark Reign story arc, ultimately undone by the mighty Iron Man. This figure comes with a funnel shaped  repulsor blast... I kinda wished they gave him a Captain America sheild like the Marvel Select version...


Here's a comparison shot with the Comic Series Iron Man 2 classic Iron Man...


Again, the Iron Man 2 figures give the Marvel Universe a run for their money: while this classic Iron Man only has a cut neck joint, his knee & articulation are superior to the Iron Patriot...


Well that was FUN! I've been having a ball with these, and there's a lot more to come- STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment