Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Marvel Legends Scourge


I randomly plucked this Marvel Legends Captain America Series Scourge from eBay last week, no knowledge of the character's background. The character debuted in 1985 as Scourge of the Underworld, several versions following thereafter. According to OAFE.Net this may be from Captain America #320, in which Scourge gets a paramilitary update to keep up with GI Joe's then popular Snake Eyes.



I admired this action figure purely for it's merits as a toy- the articulation is up to modern standards, ankle pivots, double jointed knees/elbows, ab crunch and more included. Despite their unusual coloring, the weapons are not molded onto the figure's harness, as Hasbro is apt to do, but sheath/holster onto the figure functionally. Scourge can also wield the assault rifle effectively with both hands, a trait I admire.


I felt my Marvel Legends Winter Soldier Captain America would be an appropriate opponent for Scourge. You could quibble with Cap's weird blue shield, but these are two fine examples of a mass produced, modern action figure right here...





And I have to through a couple in with my new 14.5" Legends Series Hulk! I've been having so much fun with this big bad boy! He may be intended as a 1:6 scale, but Hulk has varied in size throughout his comics history- it kinda works for me.


More Later- Make It FUN!

3 comments: