Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Haul


Some finds from around town during Labor Day weekend  :)   More assorted issues of X-Factor, both 80's and 90's team. Buy one, get one free from the dollar comics bins at V-Stock and one 64-page Annual from '89...


... and more graphic novels...


X-Force books 2 & 3, buy one get one free, $5.99, and X-Force: Sex & Violence hardback $11.99. Not the same team as the early 90's, a new version of X-Force was formed in 2007-2008 that had Wolverine leading a more militaristic black ops branch of the X-Men, Cylops delivering the assignments. These are pretty gritty, but the art and story in these art good- I enjoyed the first book, and the second was no disappointment. While on the subject of X-Force, I also found a double-sized 50th issue Special of Cable (Jan. 1998). I have a few issues of Cable from this period- the art is entertaining and I'm a huge fan of the character...

Two UNBELIEVABLE finds:  DC Direct Blackest Night Series 3 Arisia I got for about ten bucks after the sale markdown at V-Stock, and Green Lantern Series Batman as Green Lantern for $14.99 at Slackers! Both of these are hard to find at a reasonable price, going for upwards of sixty dollars or more on the secondary market. I have been obsessed over the Batman as Green Lantern for awhile, never having seen him in the wild until Saturday. So great!


Finding any of the last two or so waves of Marvel Universe around here has been a challenge! I found Psylocke about three months ago, and have been waiting to find Jubilee and Blastaar among others, but no dice until I wandered into Jennifer here at Wal-Mart. I love She-Hulk and was thrilled when she made the Hasbro 3 3/4" roster- awesome! That included "collectible comic shot" was a cheapass move though, Hasbro- where's my figure base?? They cost more now as well, which makes it additionally insulting *sigh* At any rate, I was happy to find her- she was the cherry on top of an already good three-day weekend  :)

 More Later- Make It FUN!

7 comments:

  1. An excellent haul, nice all around! But, no base for She-Hulk?!?!?! Cheap indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH I'm diggin' that She-Hulk!Nice haul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Congrats on the grabs Super-D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they are not doing bases now. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Waiting for the newer Marvel Universe figs to show up around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Green Lantern Elseworld story Starring Batman. It's cool to see that they have put out enough Green Lanterns to make your own Corps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds all around! I've been re-reading a lot of those old X-Factor books and it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete