Tuesday, January 20, 2015

BBTS DC Collectibles Haul 2014


I used to publish HEY! Mr. Postman! posts on here a little more often, but wasn't getting as many toy parcels in recent months-that is until the end of 2014, when I purchased several Hot Toys figures and Batman collectibles at a somewhat fevered pace. I'd been working on my new site, the Super Fun Hot Wheels Blog since June, which has kept me very busy, in addition to my assorted musical & creative projects, and the day gig as well. This was a special parcel in that I'd never ordered a box of loot from the Big Bad Toy Store, accumulating pre-orders over the course of several months to ship when fulfilled in one large haul. I'd have to say that it was an overall fun experience, though it took longer for the pre-orders to come in than I was seeing at retail. The items were tidily packed, and arrived in good condition...


I'm still a fan of this scale of action figure, and DC Direct makes some of the most interesting. While I've yet to read the Court of Owls series, I did follow the Zero Year story line, featuring Capullo's artwork- pretty great. I also followed Earth 2 for some time, but eventually lost enthusiasm- like the the Future's End series, it drug on to long for me. I bought the Supergirl because I thought she'd go well with the Earth 2 Superman, and Red Robin because I thought he'd complete a nice trio with the Capullo Batman & Nightwing- cool outfit!

*Designer Series Greg Capullo Nightwing, Talon, & Batman





*New 52 Supergirl & Teen Titans Red Robin


*New 52 Earth 2 Series Superman, Hawkgirl, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash
























More Later- Make It FUN!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet haul! Can't wait to see some more on these from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. I love using the pile of loot feature.

    I have a few of those, but I love that Supergirl. She's a gorgeous, awesome figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her eyes are kinda too big- great presentation otherwise!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Getting alot of toys recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was starting to miss these "Hey,Mr.Postman" posts,Colin.There are always some epic action figures inside those packages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beauties. I like the eye you have for what is a good figure. My favorite of this selection was definitely Talon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Cal! Yeah, i have no knowledge of Talon, which I will eventually rectify, but what a neat looking figure!

      Delete