Wednesday, October 19, 2016

GIANT 18in. Mego-Styled Figures Toy Co. Joker!


As stated in my last post on the Figures Toy Co Batman and Robin, and have surely said many times, the entire genesis of this blog was due to my childhood love of the 70's Mego figures, my earliest exposure to both action figures and comic book heroes. When I discovered the existence of this 18" Figures Toy Co. series, authentically upscaled from the original Megos, I instinctually picked out my favorite. Check out the video:


Pictured below are a couple comparison pics with other figures who make an appearance in the video above- the 19" Jakk's Pacific Silver-Age Batman, and 8" Figures Toy Co. Super Friends Series Batman and Robin. Regarding the aforementioned, I'm ultimately more fond of the larger Joker and Batman, due in part to their size, but also for the stunning, enlarged version of the Joker, probably my favorite childhood Mego figure, and the faithful execution of artist Jima Aparo's work in Jakk's Pacific's 19" Batman. The two oversized action figures are literally the stuff of boyhood dreams... 

More Later- Make It FUN!

3 comments: