Sunday, January 27, 2019

Marvel Legends T'Chaka


While I like the 2nd Marvel Legends Black Panther Wave, I'm not sure I want to buy them all. T'Chaka was the one I was most interested in, acquiring him through an Amazon Warehouse Deal, shipped to my home for the same price I'd pay at retail. That's assuming I'd see him at all- unlike the first Black Panther Wave last year, I have yet to see the second wave. Some of the figures are fetching a price of ten or more dollars above retail. Mine came with slightly damaged packaging, but I didn't care about that! 



The tribal skirt is the star of this release, but the new head for T'Chaka is nice as well- he's a mix of the Civil War Black Panther, and either Mordo or Dr. Strange for the legs, but it works.


He shares his black and gold scheme with Killmonger from the first Black Panther wave. I may have liked that figure more than the Black Panther. Amazing detail and articulation! Neither of these came with an unmasked head, though we now have a couple Erik Killmonger portraits from other releases.



And of course, a shot of T'Challa with Killmonger and T'Chaka is in order. We have been getting some great Black Panther figures from Hasbro in the last couple years, and these are probably the best, certainly in the sculpt, which are beautifully detailed.


I must say, I wouldn't mind having three of the Dora Milaje figures from this line, with their three head portraits- they'd make a great army build behind Nakia and Okoye from the first Marvel Legends Black Panther wave. Absolutely loved those figures- a beautiful pair! Of note, you can use Killmonger's hands for T'Chaka to grip any borrowed accessory from either waves.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment