Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mego 14" Batman, Flash, Green Lantern


While initially excited about Target selling 14" action figures as part of last year's return of Mego, I was simultaneously unsure I wanted to dip my toes in, preoccupied by Hasbro's avalanche of great Marvel Legends being released. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, a sale ran on these for $15.00 each. I'm quite happy with them, though I had to take Green Lantern apart for some customization for combatting his mildly loose torso and limbs. See more on that, along with comparison photos in the video:



I had a lot of Mego action figures as a kid in the '70s, several of the 12" versions, including a magnetic Batman and Robin that remind me a lot of this newer 14" Batman. In fact, his scalloped  gauntlets and utility belt appear to be from the same molds! Batman's grapple hook didn't include a cord, so I opted for some spiffy yellow nylon cord I had. This and the need to customize Green Lantern knock off only a few points as far as I'm concerned, but we are dealing with some deeply seeded nostalgia here- these giant Megos take me back to my childhood, when superheroes and comics were enjoying a Bronze-Age renaissance! Head over to the online Mego Museum for more on the history of Mego!

More Later-Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment