Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Martian Manhunter Comics!

Been getting some hella deals on Martian Manhunter comics on E-Bay- received some yesterday, and AGAIN today...

*Four issue mini-series from 1988! I was really into comics and drawing superheroes around this time, but knew nothing of/had no interest in Martian Manhunter. I love the advertisements for games, candy, & toys in these 80's comics- this mini-series seems to contain mostly ads for other titles from DC... the artwork looks pretty far out in this series!

*Martian Manhunter Special (Holy War, 1996) Click here for a (laughs) scathing review... I'll judge for myself after I read it, the art doesn't look that bad to me at a glance...

*Martian Manhunter Annual #1 (For Love & Country,1998)! Looks like a tragic-love-story type, we'll see... Nice cover!

*Last but not least, Martian Manhunter Annual #2 (JLApe/Gorilla Warfare, 1999)- Click the prior link to read a review at Random Happenstance Blog. This one looks particularly FUN! Great cover!

Needless to say, I will be (laughs) doing a lot of reading about Martian Manhunter into January 2011. Bubba also recommended the Ostrander/Mandrake run from 1998-2001. I've found a place I can get these, but I need to pay some bills and read the stack I already have first. Thanks Bubba, those look good!

*Guide to Martian Manhunter, including list of published works at CosmicTeams.Com

3 comments:

  1. Love that comic cover with the JLA all being turned into apes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read it, JBoy- it's a fun issue!
    Happy New Year, Guys!

    ReplyDelete