Saturday, January 5, 2013

Recent Marvel Universe Pick-Ups


I've managed to pick up some more 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figures in the last month, the holiday rush finally emptying some of the peg warmers, and either making room for either new stock or older cases that had languished in the stockrooms. I found the new Hulk, Beta Ray Bill, and Kang, but lucked out on an earlier Yellowjacket and Colossus during this seasonal flood of action figures. I'm annoyed at how they no longer come with the numbered bases while Hasbro has hiked the price 40% in the last three years, and distribution in these parts seems worse than before.






















I'm still crazy about these little action figures by Hasbro, and have a ton of them opened and carded. Pictured below are most of the carded singles I own, and there are dozens of posts here on the Super-DuperToyBox about them and other Marvel 3 3/4" figures.


Here are a few carded Marvel Universe figures from my collection that I'm particularly fond of...






















*See the Marvel Universe visual checklist at ItsAllTrue.Net
More Later- Make It FUN!

11 comments:

  1. You did this for me didn't you? Oh MAN! Jealous! I still gotta get about half of what you have! Argghhh! But then again I open mine so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID do that for you Hobby :) I've opened more than is on that table, actually- if you count all the Thor, Capt. America, & Amazing Spider-Man 3 3/4" by Hasbro. I've just bought more than I actually have time to open. And it's kinda nice to have some on card & some not- toy packaging is part of the fun

      Delete
  2. That's a sweet collection man!

    I've given up on this line since the distribution up here is horrible. We see the same figures on the shelf for at least a year before seeing new stuff, it's retarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like that here now, too- when i started collecting them they were all over the county and much cheaper- $5.99 or $6.99

      Delete
  3. It took them years to finally make fantastic 3 3/4 inch figures and it's been tought not to keep to my edict to avoid anything this size no matter how great they were. But that goes back to the original Star Wars and GI JOE figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also in love with this line, it's pretty much perfect. Unfortunately I can't truly collect it like you and a couple of my friends do, but I do pick up some of my key faves when I can. Like Beta Ray Bill, nice find, I'd love to have that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree, the fact that they no longer have bases really is a huge letdown.

      Delete
  5. Awesome!!!!
    This is one of our favourite collection.
    We bought tons of them this year.

    Sadly we are still missing some key characters like Vision, Cable, Spider-Woman....

    ReplyDelete