Thursday, February 2, 2017

BootLego Star Wars Leia. Astromech Droid, C-3PO, X-Mas Yoda


I really enjoy the variety of unusual BootLego minifigs available on eBay lately, all kinds of variant colors and deco making my own Star Wars universe uniquely fun. I have some mainstream characters in classic presentation, but like any other kid, the eclectic assortment of toys in my collection reflect my own interests and finds.


It was hard to believe Carrie Fisher passed away last December, so I definitely wanted to pay tribute with a classic Princess Leia minifig. The actress was made an icon of film upon her 1977 debut in George Lucas' Star Wars, reprising her starring role for a fourth time in 2015 with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.


Below, Princess Leia with my Lego Ben Kenobi and BootLego Darth Vader...




I felt the black Astromech droid needed an equally unique partner, found in the red C-3PO droid pictured with below. I could have as easily ordered a conventional R2-D2, but loved the Astromech's clear dome- what a great pair!


Below, BootLego C-3PO & Astromech droid with my Force Awakens Lego C-3PO...



And finally, even though we're past the season, Christmas Yoda. There were several other characters, Star Wars and otherwise, dressed in holiday deco! How fun! This little Yoda was my favorite- there was something funny about his elven stature dressed in a Santa suit...




More Later- Make It FUN!

1 comment: