Tuesday, March 10, 2020

McFarlane Toys Bloodshot


Unaware of the character or the forthcoming film starring actor Vin Diesel, I preordered this McFarlane Toys Bloodshot in January purely on it's merits as an action figure and attractive accessories package. First published by Valiant Comics in 1992, Bloodshot was created by Kevin VanHook with Don Perlin and Bob Layton. Angelo Mortalli was a super soldier, injected with nanites that give his extreme strength, durability, regeneration, and meta-morphing abilities that make him an unstoppable assassins and precious asset to his covert government creators.


I've never read any Valiant comics, but like McFarlane's Fortnite figures, he's such a cool action figure that it doesn't matter- he'd go well with any 7" McFarlane figures. I bought him to go with my McFarlane DC Comics figures. He's armed to the teeth with great weapons, all painted with washes and drybrushing to give them a realistic look. The entire figure has excellent paint apps for that matter, with a decent enough range of articulation for combat poses. And the facial portrait could not look more like actor Vin Diesel.



More range in the butterfly jointed shoulders could have helped this figure handle the assault rifle better, but it can be fudged for a photograph at the correct angle. The large pistols can be securely holstered when not in use- a strap or sheath for the knife would have been nice, but it's rare to get an action figure with an arsenal this good. Nice.




With his bald pate and big knife, this Bloodshot reminds me of Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy, played by actor Dave Bautista, a movie in which Vin Diesel voices the character Groot. Again, the accessories all look great, and belt, holster straps and leg armor have great paint apps! His hips and ankles are somewhat limited in range, but he does enough for me and is a unique character type to mix in with my other 7" action figures.



Bloodshot makes a great sparring partner with my McFarlane Toys Hellbat ...!


I am mildly interested in seeing this movie, but I'd recommend this Bloodshot to any 7" action figure collector for no other reason beyond it's cool-factor. Like a lot of the McFarlane Fortnite figures, he looks fantastic and will stand out among the others on your shelf.

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I have to look for that figure. I enjoyed the movie but I wish Vin's skin would have turned white by the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I wasn't as committed to the inaccuracy of the figure's presentation/deco as some. I did end up seeing the movie this weekend, and was entertained- not great cinema, but a fun action romp with an interesting sci-fi idea. ..

      Delete