Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Marvel Legends Gamerverse Capt. America & Iron Man


I preordered these Marvel Legends Gamerverse figures near the end of February- the Avengers game these character designs are based on is set to drop in September, which looks to be pretty exciting. I also preordered the Target exclusive Gamerverse Starboost Armor Iron Man awhile back, which should arrive in August. It's been interesting to watch the MCU character design influence comics, cartoons, and merchandise the last twelve years. These figures bear that aesthetic distillation: they could fit in with your MCU Legends or your modern comic-based collection. Some collectors may bemoan another Capt. America and Iron Man, but they look great, and I love a variation on a theme.



Captain America has fairly realistic military combat outfit that reminds me of the Ultimates Cap, with his gray boots and knee guards. The Mark Millar/Bryan Hitch Ultimates of the early 2000's was a big influence on the MCU aesthetic, refined here years later in this figure designed for a new video game. The sculpt is fantastically sculpted, and I like the new shield. Pictured below, Gamerverse Cap with my MCU Winter Soldier Captain America



On one hand, picking up this Gamerverse Iron Man up was pointless, so similar to several of the MCU Iron Man figures in the Marvel Legends scale, but it's even harder for me to pass on variants of this character. The head sculpt is fantastic on this version of Ol' Shellhead, who also has the best chest reactors of any Marvel Legends Iron Man. Pictured below: Gamerverse Iron Man with my Avengers Endgame Mark LXXXV Iron Man



I'm sure Thor would be a popular addition to the Gamerverse line in the future, but I've not heard of plans for any others yet, aside from the Target Exclusive Starboost Iron Man I mentioned previously. I'm happy with these two, but probably won't collect the rest of the wave these two are in. The abomination BAF looks great, but I'm unsure I want to sink the money into it. I'm happy to have variations of two favorite characters, and along with the Starboost Iron Man, will likely leave it at that for now.



More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment