Thursday, May 14, 2020

Marvel Legends Mar-Vell (Gamerverse Abomination Wave 2020)


Mar-Vell is a nostalgic hold-over for me since childhood, coming more into focus since my return to comics and starting this blog almost ten years ago. I posted about some of the Captain Marvel comics I'd been reading back in February 2019, and the 1978 Captain Marvel pinup I'd recently framed, so I was looking forward to an updated Marvel Legends Mar-Vell. I wasn't committed to getting the entire wave, but I must admit the Gamerverse Abomination BAF does look killer. There are a couple characters I don't care about, including a Ms. Marvel that is basically like the one I already have (and like), but I do like that Leader figure. Predictably, Hasbro turned in a really basic Mar-Vell that is serviceable, but could have benefitted from an extra set of flight hands and cosmic effects accessories, but he doesn't look bad.



The buck for this figure is perfect for the character, featuring stretched fabric sculpt throughout the body. Though not a complete failure, the dark blue is a little soft meeting the red in places throughout the deco. The Nega-Bands around his wrist are separate pieces, and adequate if slightly big. The head sculpt captures Mar-Vell perfectly in my opinion, this wind-blown blond hair a highlight of the figure. 


Below, Mar-Vell with my Marvel Select Captain Marvel, a fantastic 
representation of the character I've had for quite awhile...


Below, Mar-Vell with the Gamerverse Capt. America and Iron Man from my last post...


And finally, Mar-Vell my Marvel Legends Capt. Marvel (Carol Danvers)

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment