Wednesday, October 14, 2020

MOTU Origins Teela & Evil-Lyn


 I actually passed on Teela and Evil-Lyn on more than just a couple occasions, as I didn't want to end up buying every one of the new Masters of the Universe Origins figures, but my nostalgia reached a fever pitch when the new Origins Castle Grayskull went up for preorder recently. I never had an Evil-Lyn back in the '80s, but I did have Teela. True to form, they both possess the same buck and sculpted details, but the facial portraits are unique and quite fantastic.


Like the Teela I had in my youth, Origins Teela has her cobra staff, head dress, and shield. While dimple in paint deco, I like the added color on her bootstraps, and her facial portrait is softly beautiful. While the added articulation on these figures makes for better posing, the females have a somewhat jarring edge at the knees. Still, Mattel didn't stray far from Teela's '82 release, the Origins Teela is very similar!




Above, Teela takes the saddle atop Battle Cat, He-Man alongside, 
and below, Teela with her adoptive father Duncan, Man-At-Arms...


I didn't have Evil-Lyn in my childhood, but felt obligated to pick up the Origins version to complement Teela, and of course, my new Origins Skeletor. I do love her coloring, and as with Teela, this Origins reissue is very true to the '83 Evil-Lyn.




Above, Evil-Lyn summons my Mattel Clash of the Titans Kraken
and below with MOTU Origins partner, Skeletor...


While my interest in Evil-Lyn was a little less than Teela. I'm glad I picked up both, completing my collection of the first wave of the Origins line. I look forward to adding more from future waves, and posing them in the new Origins Castle Grayskull this spring! Read more about the original Masters of the Universe line at the Battle Ram Blog!


More Later- Make It FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I love Evil-Lyn commanding the Kraken (though that's technically in Mer-Man's domain, I believe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of your photography skills! I have decided that I am going to try to get Mer-Man, Stratos, and Zodac from the origins line. With the rest of the figures I have that will be all eight of the '82 first wave. I will most likely get the deluxe figures for the alternate toy sculpt that are more faithful to the original toys. As far as the new Origins Castle Grayskull, I'm going to pass on it and just renovate and customize my old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Weird Fantastic! Yes, I want to complete that first MOTU wave, though I do want Scareglow, Orko, and the Prince Adam with Sky Sled- love this line!

      Delete