Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Masters of the WWE Universe Ultimate Warrior


I didn't expect to find this highly sought after Masters of the WWE Universe Wave 1 Ultimate Warrior so late in the game for such a great price. I've only seen Wave 2 hanging around the pegs in my area the last couple months, and not a sign of the forthcoming Wave 3 and 4. I've said before that I don't really follow the WWE, but I loved Masters of the Universe back in the '80s, and I love the wacky mashup of these two properties!


 Ultimate Warrior's Spear of Champions and Ultimate Energy Harness comfortably pin him within the Masters of the Universe aesthetic, the latter of which can be removed to expose the tattoo on his chest. I love the colors, and think the arm bands across his biceps give him a savage look. He'll look right at home next to your MOTU Origins He-Man!



Like the MOTU Origins figures, the Masters of the WWE figures come with a short mini-comic very much in the spirit of the original Masters of the Universe figures. Those first mini-comics illustrated by Alfred Alcala were much longer however, including a narrative and multiple pages of illustrated action that I was fascinated by as a child.


Ultimate Warrior looks right at home atop my MOTU Origins Battle Cat!


... and my MOTU Origins Beastman makes a nemesis for Ultimate Warrior ...!



And finally, Ultimate Warrior with Masters of the WWE Universe Roman ReignsWhat appealed to me about both these figures was how seamlessly they both fit in with the MOTU Origins line. I'm open to collecting a few more of these to complement my collection and do battle in and around the new MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull coming next spring!

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Ulimate Warrior was definitey one of the best series 1 figures. Probably the best of them, actually. I've thus far found everything through series 3 and am now hunting for series 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... has kinda dried up here... WAITING!

    ReplyDelete