Sunday, January 22, 2023

Marvel Legends X-Men Animated Series VHS Cyclops & Jean Grey


While I'm somewhat indifferent about the cel shading on these Marvel Legends Animated figures, I like the overall designs of these two figures, who were underrepresented in my collection. They were way overpriced at $27.99 on Hasbro Pulse, but I will say that the box art is really fun. Take a look at the figures on the turntable in my video:


Hasbro's redesign of this Cylops is fantastic- the straps on his legs and shoulder harness are all built in to prevent sliding while posing, a problem the previous "Jim Lee" Cyclops had. Choosing between Jean's two head sculpts is difficult, though I lean toward the fuller hairstyle, which didn't weigh the figure down in back as much as I'd feared. She is mostly a reissue of the previous "love triangle" boxed set that also came with Cyclops and Wolverine.





Below, Scott & Jean with some other X-Men in my Marvel Legends Collection: Nightcrawler and Beast, Jubilee, and Wolverine. I have several more Marvel Legends X-Men that have been on ice for some time that I need to bust out. Stay Tuned!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment