Saturday, January 27, 2024

Super Powers Batman & Nightwing

I've so far avoided buying every one of these McFarlane Toys Super Powers figures, but had to pick up the all-black Batman and Nightwing figures back in December. They don't have the action features the Kenner figures had back in the '80s, but I love their retro styling.


Below, Super Powers Batman with my 1990 Kenner Shadow Wing Batman, which has a great action feature and a better sculpt than the McFarlane Batman, modeled after actor Michael Keaton's cinematic Batman...

I was particularly won over by this Nightwing in one of his earlier "Knightfall" outfit...


There aren't a lot of posing options with these figures due to their very basic articulation, but I really enjoy their simple, retro charm. I didn't have any Super Powers figures as a kid, as I'd just moved into my early teen years when Kenner introduced the original line, but I can certainly appreciate them.

Super Powers Batman and Nightwing join my ever evolving collection of assorted toys on the Batman shelf of my detolf display cabinet...

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Have the capes gotten better on these or are they still plagued by the hole caused by the plastic restraint in the packaging?

    ReplyDelete