Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Chinese Market Bootleg Infinity War Iron Spider


These Chinese market bootleg Avengers Infinity War  Iron Spider figures have been showing up stateside in the last year or more, the market driven by nerds disappointed in Hasbro's failure to include the waldoes on their recent Marvel Legends version. I picked mine up last July from one of the many eBay sellers shipping for south of sixteen bucks. Late to the game, I knew what I was getting into, several YouTube reviews already having been published, and he's about what I thought he'd be. Check out the video:


The articulation is lacking in this bootleg, but the glossy red paint makes him flashy, and the gold highlights and Iron Spider chest insignia sculpt rival the Marvel Legends figure. Hasbro really missed the mark, still not having produced a waldoes-wearing Spidey when we could get a bootleg all the way from China, and import's like S.H. Figuarts and Mafex that include this crucial accessory. Also worth mentioning, the flight stand included with the bootleg is great- Hasbro, take note.


Below, Chinese bootleg Iron Spider with my Marvel Legends Infinity War Iron Spider. I've seen others use the articulated waldoes from these bootlegs to modify their Hasbro Iron Spider with success, but I'm unsure I want to desecrate my Marvel Legends figure. For now he's a shiny novelty decorating my detolf case, which I enjoy.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment