Saturday, August 10, 2019

Marvel Legends Avengers War Machine


I knew at the moment solicitations for this figure was announced that he would be mine, and patience paid off months later when I had him for under twenty bucks, shipped. He is a beautiful piece, even if somewhat limited in articulation, due to his girth. Vertical articulation on the shoulder cannon would have made it more useful, but I do like the ankle pivots, and his neck/head and hips aren't bad. Hinged wrists & double-jointed knees help in posing him as well.



The sculptural detail and mecha/metallic finish combined with the robot bulk of this figure makes him a standout, his arm cannons exaggerating his already hulking stance. Paint is spare, ultimately contributing to his realistic aesthetic. The touch of glowing red around the eyes is fantastic!





My 2013 Marvel Legends Iron Man 3 Series Iron Patriot has a superiorly articulated shoulder cannon, truth be told, but he seems downright anemic next to War Machine. I somehow have no other War Machine figures to compare this one to, but am confident all the previous versions would fare no better next to this...


And finally, War Machine next to my Marvel Legends Ragnarok Gladiator Hulk, Starforce Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange. That Gladiator Hulk got me back into Legends in 2017, after which I collected more than I had years prior by far. It's been said before, Hasbro has been killin' it the last few years, with no end in sight. I have several collected I've yet to photograph, and a couple of the new 80th Anniversary figures on the way, so expect to see more here on the Super-DuperToyBox!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment