Monday, April 25, 2011

My Fan Art: Martian Manhunter

"Martian Manhunter" 2011
acrylic on paper, 14 x 20

Some of you may or may not know that I'm an artist here in the City of The Great Confluence. I've painted here for 14 years or so, and have done okay at this, last year selling over thirty paintings, my best year yet. When I was a kid in school, I dreamt of being a comic book artist, but those guys are just in a league above and beyond me- lightning fast and SUPER-talented! Still, I occasionally crank out an illustration of a favorite hero, and starting this blog last year reignited that unrealized dream.

I painted J'onn J'onnz in acrylic on paper a couple months ago, and while I won't likely receive any job offers from DC comics, it was a fun distraction from the type of art I more typically create nowadays. I'm currently working on another featuring Superman (as Nightwing) rescuing the bottled Kryptonian City of Kandor from Brainiac, which is shaping up to be pretty hilarious- Stay Tuned!

*The Idol-Head of Diabolu Martian Manhunter Blog!

4 comments:

  1. That is very cool, I am currently illustrating a bunch of heroes and stuff as well, hopefully will be able to show some. Keep those coming man, I love the style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting, Super C! Great colors.

    Man, I wouldn't wish working in comics on my worst enemy... LOL. It really is for artists that are FAST.... which I wasn't, when it came to continuity. It's much tougher than it looks and can kill an artist's "creative spark" very quickly. It was my dream growing up, too.... I'm still recovering. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this alot Super-D i can't wait to see more of your art soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gents!
    Chunky & Brian- that's BIG compliments coming from the likes of you two VERY talented men, I appreciate it!
    JBoy- won't be too soon, I'm (laughs) kinda slow :D

    ReplyDelete