Saturday, August 29, 2020

Marvel Legends Deadpool 2 Cable



Uncharacteristic of most my experience hunting Marvel Legends at Walmart, I stumble upon four of the new exclusive Deadpool 2 Cable action figures on my first try recently. I was excited about this Cable from the moment he was solicited, and thought he would be harder to track down before the scalpers pinched them all. I became a fan of the character while writing this blog the last ten years, reading as many of the early issues of X-Force that I could hunt down in the dollar comics bins around town, going on to read Messiah War  and several other Cable TPB related to the series later.


The likeness to actor Josh Brolin is stunning for a mass produced 6" action figure, and his paint/sculpt detail are also very accurate. Armed to the teeth, Cable can attach his grenade launcher or shotgun to the barrel of his large assault rifle, and also has a sidearm that can be holstered onto the figure. While mildly cumbersome, the poncho overlay does add a lot to the look of the figure, and can easily be slipped off without removing his head.







While odd timing for release of these figures, a full two years after Deadpool 2, I really enjoy having this Cable, and am considering picking up the others coming out in the 4th quarter of this year. The detail, articulation, and accessories are about as good as they can be - recommended



I couldn't do a post on this figure without a comparison pic with my Marvel Legends Endgame Thanos BAF, both characters portrayed expertly by actor Josh Brolin...




And finally, Deadpool 2 Cable with my Marvel Legends Comic Deadpool Wave Cable- a fantastic action figure true to artist/creator Rob Liefeld's original design from the early '90s. Pictured further below with these figures are my 10" ToyBiz Cable and 3.75" Marvel Universe Cable. I sold off most all my Marvel Universe collection two or three years ago, but held onto my Cable and a few others. I hope we see Cable in the next Deadpool movie, Brolin nailed it!



More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Both attachments for Cable's machine gun...thing, are grenade launchers. One is the long-serving M203, which several generations of American military personnel have by this point carried slung underneath an M16, and the other is the much newer FN40GL, designed by FN Herstal to compliment the SCAR platform.

    ReplyDelete