Monday, September 7, 2020

NECA 8in. King Kong


I kept seeing this NECA classic Kong on Instagram, and bumped into one at a local Target over the weekend. As a child of the '70s, the remake starring Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange was certainly more of my era, but I was equally enthralled by the original 1933, which was groundbreaking in it's time, and possibly one of the best horror films in cinematic history. I've somehow avoided buying one of the many NECA Godzilla figures released recently, but could not pass on this Kong when the opportunity arose. And if NECA produces a '76 Kong, I'd buy that one as well. 


I don't own currently any other NECA figures, but the paint and sculpt detail on this Kong is fantastic- particularly in the mouth and teeth. Very realistic! He comes with and extra roaring head and set of hands, and has pretty good articulation. NECA's tight joints make me more than a little nervous, but he can hold a pose handily once you get him in position. Being a classic Kong, photos in black and white suit him quite well...





Above, Kong with one of my favorite action figures, my ToyBiz Marvel Legends Hulk, and below, Kong with my Playmates 10" Skull Island Kong. The Skull Island Kong is a much simpler toy, but satisfyingly large.


Kong is a great stand-alone figure for any horror fan or action figure collector- I'll enjoy pitting him against other figures in my collection, and you probably will too. Recommended!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment