Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Decade at the Super-DuperToyBox

It's hard for me to believe ten years went by so fast, but a decade ago today was my first post on the Super-DuperToyBox. In the summer of 2010 I was selling old toys on E-Bay, and soon found a listing for the 15" Kenner Darth Vader I had as a child. I bought him with the money I earned selling some of my wares, soon finding other toys that brought back childhood memories. Mattel's 8" D.C. Retro Action figures caught my eye quickly,  tapping my nostalgia for the old Mego World's Greatest Heroes line from the 70's. Shortly thereafter I discovered the 90's line of  Marvel Famous Covers 9" figures by ToyBiz that featured cloth outfits much like the old Megos. Before I knew it, I had bought more action figures and a glass curio case to hold them all. I became consumed!

Above: Table full of action figures I had collected in just the first couple months of toy blogging. (December 2010)

Along the way I befriended many a toy blogger I know to this day, and while many have abandoned this platform in favor of Instagram and YouTube, I keep the light on here. I like the long form personally, and after nearly 1,000 posts and well over 1.6 million page views, it's become a thing I'm somewhat proud of, visited by people worldwide every day. Cheers!

More To Come- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, man! Always a fan of your big toy, little toy posts😉 Overall a great blog with quality pics and figures. Keep it up, bro🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Big Tone! I enjoy seeing what you are looking at, too :)

    ReplyDelete