Friday, March 19, 2021

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Robin (Damian Wayne)


I picked up this McFarlane Toys Damian Wayne Robin when buying the Red Son Superman in my last post; as I said then, I've not the time nor money to collect everything McFarlane drops, but these two caught my eye. I loved the Batman and Robin storyline by Grant Morrison (2009-2011), and subsequent stories featuring Damian as Robin. The character was a murderous brat, retrained by Dick Grayson first, then his father Bruce Wayne when he finally reclaimed the mantle. He was easy to dislike, but turned out to be an interesting character in the Batman mythos.





Robin comes with two throwing stars and a large sword, all of which he can hold quite well, and are character appropriate- the sword, a reference to the weapon that killed Damian in the second volume of Batman Inc. A separate, hooded head would have been nice, but it's not a deal breaker. This is another McFarlane figure that would have benefitted from a thigh swivel, but perhaps more notably absent are double-jointed knees. The figure appealed to me solely upon aesthetics, but such an acrobatic character should have double-jointed knees. Regardless, he's a fantastic looking figure that I was looking forward to as a Robin fan.  




Below McFarlane Toys Robin with DC Direct Batman Inc. Robin, and Mattel DC Multiverse Damian Wayne. I'm pretty sure the DC Direct was the first figure of Damian as Robin, and still sought after. Grant Morison's Batman Incorporated was a fun book, featuring a global network of Batmen to fight crime! I picked up the Mattel Damian just a year ago, and am still a fan of their past DC Universe Classics line.

And finally, Damian with other members of the Bat Family, McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Batman, Batgirl, and Nightwing.  I enjoyed all these McFarlane figures and love having Robin to go with them.

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. That really is a very nice looking Damian! I used to collect almost 6-7 inch Batman related DC figure (and plenty of others, too) but over the past few years I've just lost interest in most DC stuff. It's kind of tough to explain. Maybe burn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I went thru that- also started collecting other stuff: Marvel Legends a few yrs ago, then MOTU Origins more recently

    ReplyDelete