Monday, March 29, 2021

Super 7 Super Cyborg Cobra B.A.T.


 I had some 3.75" G.I. Joe figures as a kid in the '80s, and have had a few things as an adult collector- notably some of the recent Hasbro 6" G.I. Joe Classified. While I'm not a diehard collector of the franchise, and was completely unaware of the character, I could not resist this 11" Cobra B.A.T. vinyl figure by Super 7. There are other figures in the toy company's Super Cyborg Series, three Transformers and a Megazord thus far, the Cobra B.A.T.'s color scheme, interchangeable arms, and overall retro appeal sold me upon solicitation months ago. Check out the video:



Articulation is very limited on the Super Cyborg Cobra B.A.T., but there are swivels at the boot tops, wrists, shoulders and neck. The arm attachments are made of a soft vinyl that also plug into the backpack for storage. I would have loved to have the sidearm removeable to hold in his hand, but the included accessories are fine. I picked up a couple of 3.75" Cobra B.A.T. II figures that Hasbro produced in 2004 to complement my Super 7 B.A.T. There have been other Battle Android Troopers produced in this smaller scale that have transparent chest plates, but these were affordable and similar in color scheme to my 11" Super 7 B.A.T.




I included my Mattel 11.5" Bat-Mech from 2016 for comparison in the video above, which also has an opening chest plate, which can hold DC Mighty Mini figures, like my Batman V. Superman 2" Armored Batman! The Bat-Mech is a fun toy that was somewhat coveted on the secondary market the last time I looked...


The Super 7 Super Cyborg figures go for $75.00, but I was able to use Amazon points to cash in, reducing it to under $55.00. Super 7 makes nice toys that have smaller production runs and distribution, so they cost more. If you can get one at a discount, take advantage of that, but I recommend the Super Cyborg Cobra B.A.T. regardless. It's a fun, retro-styled toy with lots of crossover possibility with other toys.


More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how big this guy was until I saw the two 3.75 scale figures posed next to him on your YouTube channel. He'd make a great decoration piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly! I want to mix him up with my MOTU stuff as well... he could be Trapjaw's evil robot!

      Delete