Tuesday, September 28, 2021

MOTU Origins Wave 4


Like MOTU Origins Wave 3 in my last post, I've had this 4th Wave since early spring, and am just now getting around to opening them. More Origins figures and vehicles have become available since, so I'd been busy with those. I'd recommend preordering from BBTS to ensure safe arrival and best shipping price. Stratos was the sole character from this lineup in my childhood collection back in '82, so I was happy to finally get him out, but Tri-Klops, Hordak, and Ninjor were new for me. Check out the video:


Like the other MOTU Origins figures, Wave 4 included a mini comic, Sneak Attack, including all four characters. Artwork from the original Masters figures, drawn by Alfred Alcala set my young imagination alight. I enjoy seeing these in the new Origins line, and hope it does for kids today what it did for us in the '80s. Visit the Battle Ram Blog to see more about the original mini comics and Masters of the Universe toys!


Hordak was also released as a deluxe figure in this line, as Buzzsaw Hordak with a pop-out chest action feature, but I'd rather have had Ninjor released that way, with an unmasked head. I had passed on Tri-Klops initially, resolving to collect these on a limited basis, but picked him up later in the wild as MOTU madness came over me. Having Stratos again is really a sweet spot for me, having loved my childhood figure of this character.

Pictured below are many of the MOTU Origins currently residing in the Super-DuperToyBox. Masters of the Universe Origins has been my absolute favorite line of the last year- the nostalgia it has stirred in me was a surprise, and I'm really enjoying collecting beyond the characters I had as a child. Recommended! 

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment