Friday, November 4, 2022

NECA Street Scene Diorama

For some time, I have contemplated purchasing this NECA Street Scene Diorama, popular among action figure collectors and photographers, and I finally pulled the trigger. Packed in a heavy 27 x 14.5 x 4" box, this huge diorama measures 24L x 19H x 12.5W", the night/day cityscape backdrop adding 9" to its height. I've had some success building my own dioramas, but for about $140.00, this sturdy piece is a decent value with a lot of real estate. It also accommodates a range of heights/scale among my collection. 6" figures like my Marvel Legends or DCUC work, as do 7" DC Direct and McFarlane figures. NECA claims it works with 9" figures, but that's not exactly true with a toy like my Hasbro 9" Origins Spider-Man in the bottom right corner of the photo below. If it's an oversized figure like a Marvel Legends BAF or the Marvel Select Immortal Hulk next to Spidey. To my delight however, 8" Mego figures do seem fine on this diorama, helped in part by their cartoony Mego styling. I have plans for more Mego, Marvel Legends, and McFarlane posts, so I'm pleased with the scaling flexibility within a range related to such a large portion of what I collect.

More Later- Make It FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Nice looking diorama. Thanks for sharing. See these from time to time but never quite sure how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... mostly good, Bulldog. I don't like the way the city skyline attaches to the back of the diorama, but otherwise it's a sturdy piece

      Delete
  2. I like the way the figures pose on the different levels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I have yet to master working the different levels thing. utilizing that effectively in my photos using this diorama

      Delete