Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Mego Jimi Hendrix (Monterey Pop)


I picked up this Jimi Hendrix in April and am finally getting around to posting the photos. I have seen this figure floating around for a while but had not started buying Mego's new 8" figures until their recent foray into 8" DC Heroes, then 8" Mego Horror. I loved the velvety pants and lacey shirt on this figure, but the unruly brim of the hat left a little more to be desired. He wasn't really dressed liked that at his famed Monterey Pop Festival performance, but it captures Hendrix's rock star style in spirit anyway. 


I am a fan of and have performed Hendrix's music live at different points for many years and marveled at his ability to play a right-handed guitar left-handed. It's hard to believe how within a few short years, Jimi would become one of the most influential guitarists of all time.



Below, Jimi with the Mego Dracula I picked up around the same time. 
Their tailoring was so complementary I had to pose them together!


I need to pick up more musicians and am actually sitting on a full KISS set still on card. While DC Heroes are the main focus of my Mego collecting, my horror collection certainly bloomed, and I keep an open mind if it's a character that interests me. This is a fun modern Mego release to pick up if you can find one. Visit the online Mego Museum to see all the history on Mego action figures, and what's new since the return of Mego in 2018! Double back for my October posts celebrating Halloween here at the Super-DuperToyBox with 20 Mego Horror figures!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment