Saturday, November 5, 2022

Marvel Legends Black Panther (Wakanda Forever)


I wasn't sure I needed another Marvel Legends Black Panther figure until I saw this Wakanda Forever Wave Classic Black Panther, modeled after his Jack Kirby 1st appearance. It's the small, collared cape double strapped across his chest that makes it. This is another plastic-free figure from Hasbro, and though nervous to purchase off the peg at retail for fear of any unscrupulous figure-switching, the tape seal looked legitimate, so I took a chance. Like a lot of collectors, I don't like not being able to inspect my figure prior to purchase, but I do like the idea of less plastic floating in the ocean.



Below, Black Panther battles Klaw on my new NECA Street Scene Diorama ...!



Two other Black Panther figures in my collection I love are the caped Black Panther and Vibranium Black Panther, both Walmart Exclusives- both fantastic, but this new Panther is certainly the one I've always wanted....



Of course, this post would be incomplete without a shot of Black Panther without his wife, Ororo/Storm, later annulled. This Giant-Sized X-Men Storm that came in a 2-pack with Thunderbird is a stunner!


Below, Black Panther with Marvel Legends Retro-Card Hawkeye, 80th Anniv. Capt. America, Tigra, Walgreens Exclusive Thing, She-Hulk, and All New, All Different Daredevil... double back and see my post of the HUGE NECA Street Scene Diorama.


I passed on this entire Wakanda Forever Wave in the wild the first time I saw it, but returned a couple weeks later, shocked to find this Black Panther still there. I feel blue gloves/boots would have been more often seen for Black Panther's color accents and wonder how/when the variant will be released. I'm unsure if I'll buy any of the resto of the wave, full of movie figures, but they all look good.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment