Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Dungeon Diorama


It had been a while since making a diorama for my action figure photography, and I'd been wanting a new background for the MOTU Masterverse figures I've been collecting. This is the simplest diostructure I've made, I just wanted a sizeable, but simple "fantasy" background. Like the others I've produced, this setup is collapsable, held together with magnets imbedded at the base.
 

This began with two 24 x 24" pink foam insulation squares, carved with a couple bamboo picks I made back in college sculpture class. The magnets at the base were inserted after priming, then the pieces were painted, washed in dark gray, and finished with two coats of acrylic varnish.

                                                 
As you can see below, a 7" NECA figure is dwarfed by the diostructure's enormous 24 x 24" back wall (the floor is 24 x 18"). I could possibly add some ivy foliage or Coat of Arms shields on the back wall, but I'm enjoying its simplicity for now. See the posts on my Sci-Fi Lab diorama and my Street Scene diorama made in 2018, and stay tuned for my next post on the NECA Dungeons and Dragons Ultimate Warduke!


More Later- Make It FUN!

4 comments: