Monday, October 14, 2024

NECA Ben Cooper Monster Figures (Dracula & Witch)

Regrettably, I was late to the party on the NECA Ben Cooper Monster Figures, but I managed to grab a couple at a somewhat reasonable price on the secondhand market. A third wave of '80s themed figures like Aliens and Gremlins has more recently gone up for preorder, but I was more interested in the '70s themed figures like this Dracula and Witch.  

The packaging is fantastic all around on these, and collector friendly- I'll be keeping mine for storage. The figure can me nestled back into its tray and slid right into the box, which hasps closed neatly at the top. The charming Ben Cooper Costume Shop box insert even doubles as a backdrop diorama.


The little pleather costumes aren't the same material as those old Ben Cooper costumes, but they really look like it! The masks aren't removeable, and that's fine by me. You can see their human eyes behind the masks in the right lighting, which is slightly creepy. The attention to detail in the styling and rendering of the costumes is fantastic- I didn't know I needed one until I saw them!

 





Looks like our trick or treaters have run into the Universal Monster gang, running 
Frankenstein's Monster through the NECA Monsterizer! It's going to be a great Halloween!



Happy Halloween! Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment