Saturday, November 14, 2020

DCUC Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

 

I bought this DC Universe Classics Alan Scott Green Lantern from an eBay seller this past April at a discount on his currently going value due to his somewhat rumpled packaging, fully intending to open him. Having just posted on the DCUC Jemm and OMAC, I thought now would be a good time to continue looking at those figures. I've sold a number of DCUCs in my collection the last few years, but have hung onto a number of outstanding samples from that line. I said before that I have great memories of getting into action figures ten years ago when I started this blog, and DCUC figures were a part of that. Collectors had not been treated to a superhero action figure line as vastly encompassing before, as they were introduced to a new Golden Age of action figures there at the end of the 2000s.



Alan Scott makes a great action figure, adapted here to the aesthetic uniformity of the DC Universe Classics line, but retaining his Golden-Age appeal, with his ruffled shirt sleeves, big leather belt, and high-collared cape. Fantastic! I've always liked Alan Scott's outfit, and Mattel did a great job fitting him in the line. Like the other DCUC figures, he included a collector button, depicting art from his 1940s era...


Below, Alan Scott with Green Lantern Corps members Naut Kei Loi and Hal Jordan- I had a few other DCUC Lanterns that I've sold, but these two were my favorites. I really got into Green Lantern after reading Blackest Night in 2011, which resulted in lots of action figure and comic book/graphic novel purchases around that time.

Below, left, Alan Scott with fellow Justice Society member, my DCUC Dr. Fate, and with my DC Collectibles New 52 Earth 2 Alan Scott on the right. I enjoyed the New 52 Earth 2 title, and Alan Scott's inclusion, debuting in issue #3. Some fans were not enamoured with the new costumes presented in their 2011 New 52 relaunch, but I liked it, including Alan Scott's new oufit. What a great looking action figure it made!



Below, 6" DC Universe Classics Alan Scott with my DC Direct 13" Deluxe Golden-Age Green Lantern. I loved this 1:6 scale line of figures by DC Direct, produced between 2005 and 2008, and just posted about the Classic Batman and Robin



And finally, Alan Scott with some of my other DC Universe Classics: Aquaman and Hawkman, Golden-Age Batman, and Shazam. Alan complements a lot of the other DCUC figures in my collection, harkening back to the days when colorful costumed crimefighters always saved the day, something I think we could use a little more of today.


More Later- Make It FUN!

3 comments:

  1. I have one of those around here somewhere... Alan Scott was always my favorite Green Lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Green Lantern fan and a big fan of Alan Scott. Really good looking figure. Having his mouth open seems like a different way to go. But good figure and post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mouth open was a design choice- may have preferred neutral, but he's pretty cool. Thanx 4 reading!

      Delete