Tuesday, November 10, 2020

DC Direct 1:6 Classic Batman & Robin


I have long been a fan of DC Direct's 1:6 scale deluxe figures, produced from 2005 to 2008, a large portion of which measuring in at 13", a full inch taller than a lot of other 1:6 scale figures on the market. They are touted as "realistically proportioned, super-heroic", so their measurements make sense to me, plus I love their slightly oversized presentation. The adult males among this collection have a pretty beefy buck, and are of mostly sturdy construction, able to stand unaided, though I'd encourage using the included base. The Classic Batman and Robin had been on my wish list for years, so when I was presented with a reasonable deal, I took them both. Check out the video:



Boasting 28 points of articulation, these figures still have there limits- the pegged hands are mostly limited to a 360 degree swivel without hinges, and the ankles lack the pivot joints we see more of today. The are serviceably poseable however, and were purchased for their aesthetic value in my case. Their cloth and vinyl outfits are of good quality, needing minimal adjustment when posing, particularly in the utility belt/shorts department. Really nice though! Batman came with the most accessories, all of which can be shared with the Boy Wonder, and they both fit comfortably on their respective doll stands. For all their flaws, this short-lived line of deluxe figures were fantastic and sought after to this day. I'm a huge fan, and own at least seven other figures from this line- I sold a Green Lantern and Sinestro within the last three years, so Batman and Robin brought me right back to a total of nine in my collection, I believe. In truth, I'd love to have several more of these, but they take up a lot of room and are mildly cost prohibitive, so purchases are carefully considered. many of these now go for over $100 now, sometimes considerably more depending on desirability.



Below, Batman and Robin next to my DC Direct 1:6 scale Classic Superman- that figure was my first step into this larger scale DC Direct nine years ago. I am still mad for that figure, and I love having the Dynamic Duo to stand next to him, all in their classic colors!
 

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment