Sunday, November 22, 2020

Marvel Legends Gamerverse Avengers Joe Fixit Wave


Initially, my interest in this Marvel Legends Gamerverse Avengers Joe Fixit Wave was primarily confined to Jocasta and Kang, but I went back for the other four using some Amazon points I'd accumulated. I'm glad I did, because in spite of having to buy another Gamerverse Iron Man and Captain America, I thoroughly enjoyed this wave. Check out the video:

As I said, buying another Gamerverse Iron Man and Captain America wasn't high on my priority list, but I was impressed with them in person; the Tony Stark and Steve Rogers head sulpts included took them to another level, and I loved the new colorways. Pleasantly surprised by these two...


Below Iron Man with the Gamerverse Starboost Armor Iron Man and regular Gamervese Iron Man, and Captain America with his initial release in blue. I love all these side by side...


I have no emotional attachment to Thunderstrike, but there are some nice aspects to this figure; I'm usually more a fan of neutral face sculpts, but the screaming face on this is fantastic! Below, Thunderstrike with my Beta Ray Bill and Marvel 80th Anniversary Classic Thor...


There is a serious shortage of villains in my Marvel Legends collection, so I was thrilled to see a comic book based Kang in this wave. I loved my childhood Secret Wars Kang, and Hasbro did a knock-out job on this classic character- lots of new parts! Below, Kang with the magnificent Dr. Doom we got earlier this year...


Jocasta was one of the figures that interested me in this wave, due in large part to her head sculpt, and less with any attachment to the character. She pairs well with my Iron Man 3 Wave Ultron, her creator and captive love interest, created in 1977 by artist George Perez and writer Jim Shooter...


Falcon is a bedrock Avengers team mate, so I wasn't disappointed in finally having one in my Marvel Legends collection. I like the engineering od the wings, pegged securely into rectangular slots on the undersides of the arms, the same used recently on that Demogoblin Wave Classic Vulture...


This wasn't the comic book Joe Fixit that first appeared in The Incredible Hulk #326 (1986), nor was it a repaint of the recent Kingpin figure we've now seen twice; this is a unique and very cool Marvel Legends BAF. Well, the arms, legs, and shoes may be reuse of Kingpin's parts (?), but the rest is new. It's possible we will get a comic book based Joe Fixit from Hasbro in the future, but I hope it's in a tuxedo, packed with a Wolverine as Patch, just like in Wolverine #8 (1989)!


I didn't buy the recent Gray Hulk or Red Hulk, basically repaints of the Marvel 80th Anniversary Classic Hulk with a new head sculpt. I'm glad to have another Hulk that is unique; I'm kind of a Hulk collector, and have a modest grouping, varying in size and manufacture. 


I did enjoy this Marvel Legends wave- I don't often an entire wave to get the BAF, and am glad Hasbro has started rereleasing larger BAFs as "deluxe" and Vintage Wave releases so we can have alternative ways to get figures we want. If they'd stop confounding us with retailer exclusive releases, that would be great.


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment