Thursday, November 26, 2020

FEXT System Street Diorama- Set A


I've had my eyes on this FEXT System street diorama for awhile, and finally pulled the trigger on it at Big Bad Toy Store this past week. I liked the FEXT Sci-Fi diorama I picked up in April quite a bit, so my expectations were high- that set was twenty bucks more than this street dio, so I figured it would be a little smaller, but I was pretty underwhelmed after assembling it. Three or four figures really crowd the 14.25 x 11" platform, and the 6.25" back wall looks small with your standard 1:12 scale figure up against it. It really needs to be twice the height for a decent background in my opinion; an additional background board will be needed to make the photography work. Another mild complaint would be the platform not wanting to lay completely flat, which I cannot seem to rectify...


crowd the tiny platform of the FEXT street diorama...


Below, my FEXT System Sci-Fi 03 diorama completely dwarves, and was a much better value than the FEXT street dio. For maximum use, I'm of the opinion you need two or three of these street dioramas to combine for a larger background. Or even better, pick up a different set like the railway lobby set, to create a larger background for your figures. I'm unsure if I'll bother doing that, but if you are trying to photograph a group of five or more figures, you'll need the extra real estate.


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment