Friday, December 23, 2022

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Flash- CW, Injustice, & Wally West


 I picked these McFarlane DC Multiverse Flash figures up at the end of September, unable to decide on just one. Occasionally I take a jaunt through the line, picking up several in short succession, these three concluding such a recent moment. There is a somehow cumbersome aspect to the articulation of McFarlane's figures, though the sculpts and paint are usually nice. I was feeling a tad overwhelmed by the number of lightning bolts I had to plug into/wrap these figures with, but they do add a certain amount of dynamism to the photos.


CW/TV Flash




Injustice/Game Flash




Wally West Flash




***************************************************************


Below, the Injustice Flash blends nicely with my McFarlane Hawkman and Parallax- like DC characters from another dimension. I don't play the Injustice video game, but it seems this version is a little more muscle-bound than we are used to- I prefer the more slender buck of the CW Flash and Wally West figures, but Injustice Flash has a detailed sculpt and facial portrait.


I've had, and still have some fantastic Flash figures over the years, and while I do like aspects of all these McFarlane figures, the somewhat clunky articulation and darker, monochrome color palette may leave me undecided at the end of the day. That said, McFarlane is coming out with a few new figures that I am looking forward to, and I've bought others since these that I've yet to post on. Hasbro Marvel Legends are far more prevalent on this blog than McFarlane Toys, but they do have their own style that often appeals to me.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment